Last updated on Sept. 15th, 2022.
This particular Policy sets forth how we process EU Personal Data in our role as a data controller (i.e., when we are responsible for determining the purpose and means of the processing) or a processor (i.e. when we process your Personal Data only under the authorization of the controller).
Before you start using our products and/or services, it is important that you read this Policy carefully (especially the highlighted terms), and fully understand and agree to the content herein. You have the right to refuse this Policy, but if you do so, we will not be able to provide you with our products and/or services as it serves as an important part of the Reolink User Service Agreement. When you choose to (re)use our products and/or services, you will be deemed to have accepted and acknowledged this Policy as it is an essential prerequisite for rendering our products and/or services.
Your agreement to the Policy indicates that you understand that we will collect certain Personal Data from you in specific service scenarios, but it does not mean that we will collect and process all of the Personal Data covered herein once you agree to this Policy and use our products and/or services. When it comes to additional business functions that require processing your non-essential Personal Data, we will ask for your consent separately. Some of the concepts might seem a little technical, and we've tried our best to explain them in a simple and clear way. Please read and understand this Policy before use. If you have any questions, please contact us.
(1) This Policy applies to Personal Data we process in connection with the official website (https://reolink.com/gb/) and all its subsites (collectively, “Website”), products, mobile applications (collectively, the “Reolink App”), computer applications, cloud storage services, technical support, and other services provided by Reolink (collectively, “Services”).
(3) “Personal Data” is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier of that natural person.
By submitting Personal Data about any third party, you represent and warrant that you have the consent of any third party to do so, and that the data you submit is factually accurate.
The type and scope of Personal Data we collect vary with the Services you use and how you interact with us. Please refer to the specific product and/or service for the specific Personal Data that is collected and processed for each Service. You have the right not to provide us with Personal Data, but this may hinder or inhibit the Services.
(4) In certain instances, the Services may require you to enable the corresponding permissions on your device. Section II. “How We Collect and Use Your Personal Data” in this Policy describes the specific permissions involved with the Services. You can enable or disable permissions under your device’s control panel at any time. We will only collect and use your information for the sole purpose of rendering of relevant functions or Services.
(5) We are constantly improving our Services. As a result, we may from time to time introduce new or optimized features that require collecting and using additional or different Personal Data, or change the purpose or user of your Personal Data. We will separately explain to you the scope, purpose, and methods of collection, and the use of the corresponding Personal Data through Policy updates, pop-up windows, page prompts, email, or other communication means.
If you have any questions about any updates to the Policy, please contact us.
According to Reolink User Service Agreement signed between you and us, in order to provide you with the corresponding functions of our products and/or services, you will be required to voluntarily submit to us or authorize us to collect and use certain Personal Data of yours. We promise to follow the data minimization principle when collecting and using your Personal Data and not to use your Personal Data beyond the purposes elaborated under the Reolink User Services Agreement, Cookies Policy, this Policy, or other Terms and Conditions unless for the purpose of rendering the abovementioned functions. We will collect and use your personal data lawfully and fairly in a transparent manner as follows.
When you register and log in to your Reolink account, you need to provide your email address, password, and in some scenarios, a verification code. If you refuse to provide them, you will not be able to register successfully. Additionally:
(1) When submitting community posts, making product reviews, and sharing videos, you may choose to provide your account nickname/alias, a profile picture, and name. Refusal to provide this information will not affect your access to these features or services.
(2) You may choose to provide the country of residence in order to use our personalized services, such as displaying local prices for products. Unless otherwise expressly states, refusal to provide this information will not affect your use of the basic functions of your account.
(3) If you decide to use other login methods, such as login with your google account, you will permit us to access your email address and the country you used to register that third-party account, for the purpose of creating your Reolink account. For additional Personal Data that is necessary to establish your Reolink account but not available through the third-party, we will inform you and ask you to provide it.
(4) For Services that require a Reolink account (e.g., cloud service and smart home functions), we may ask you to verify your user identity to ensure that we are providing the best services for you or to suggest additional or different services.
Online transaction-related services are available on our Website Reolink App and Reolink Client. Some of the Services can be used without a Registered Reolink account but Reolink will still collect and use certain Personal Data as described below.
(1) Certain pre-purchase actions such as information browsing, searching, and adding Services to your shopping cart may be done without logging into your account. We will collect and use the anonymized data of your searched keywords, search history, browsing history, and add-to-cart history in order to improve our Website.
(2) You may purchase Services from our Website by logging into your Reolink account or by using the “visitor shopping” mode. In order to deliver the goods to you and provide certain after-sales service, you will need to provide your email address, shipping address (including postal code), recipient name, phone number and other requested information when you place an order. If applicable, you must also provide your company information and tax-exempt ID. If you do not provide such information, we will not be able to ship the products and provide after-sales services.
(3) When making a payment, you can choose the payment service provided by one of our partner third-party payment institutions, including PayPal. We will share your order number, transaction amount, payment method, and other necessary information required by anti-money laundering laws with these payment institutions, so that they can confirm your payment instructions and complete the transaction. Also, to keep us informed of the status of your payment so that we can prepare for the shipment accordingly, you agree that we may collect information related to your payment progress from the payment institution you have selected.
If you subscribe to a Reolink Cloud plan, you may log into your Reolink account through your Reolink App and associate your Reolink device with Your Reolink Cloud space. We may collect and use corresponding Personal Data as follows:
(1) When you associate your Reolink device to your account and the Reolink Cloud, we will collect the serial number of the device. The device serial number is the unique basic device identifier and must be used to associate the device with your account in order to provide you with Reolink Cloud storage service.
(2) When you upload video recordings from your device to your Reolink Cloud space, you are the controller of the data and Reolink is the data processor of your cloud videos. Only those who have access to your Reolink account will have access to the video recordings. In addition, those who have access to your Reolink account may view, download, and/or delete such videos at any time. The Reolink Cloud service will automatically delete expired cloud videos. The expiration time depends on the limit of the corresponding cloud subscription plan and the storage time you set for the device.
You can access your Reolink device(s) through the Reolink App and other Reolink software, and through a web browser to remotely control or manage the Services. We may collect and use your Personal Data based on and to perform the specific features you choose to use.
(1) When you associate a Reolink device to the Reolink App or account, we will collect the serial number of the Reolink device. Such information is a unique product identifier that is collected in order to associate a specific product and provide you with additional Services.
We will request your consent to access information related to the WiFi network your device will be associated with, including the SSID. This information is only used to connect your Reolink device to the Internet and will not be uploaded or saved other than by the Reolink device to connect to the WiFi network. We will also seek permission for the Reolink App to access your phone’s camera. This is necessary and will only be used to scan the QR code on your Reolink device and communicates the Reolink device’s unique identifier (UID). The Reolink App will also seek permission to your phone’s storage for the sole purpose of saving pictures and videos to your phone. The Reolink App will also seek permission to send push notifications to your phone for the sole purpose of notifying you of certain events. You can disable these permissions at any time via the control panel of your phone, for example by navigating to “Settings > Application Permissions” on your phone.
(2) If you enable the phone push notification function, we will collect and use your Reolink device’s alerts and information about the Reolink device that generated the alert. This information is only used to push notification alerts through the Reolink App.
(3) If you enable the email alerts, we will collect the email address and password for sending email alerts. This information is encrypted and stored in the Reolink device. It will not be uploaded to a Reolink server and is used only to send you email alerts. You may disable this function at any time from your phone’s control panel, for example by navigating to “Settings > Email Alerts > Disable Email Alerts”. If you disable email alerts, you can delete relevant data from your Reolink device by clearing it.
(4) If you agree to join Reolink App User Experience Program, we will collect information about your Reolink App and OS, including the version, your country/region, cell phone brand and model, device type, your phone’s language settings, and your use of the Reolink App such as function clicks, page & button clicks, page dwell time, and the lag time between clicking the app icon and seeing the content during first use. You can disable this option and exit the Reolink App User Experience Program at any time through your phone’s control panel, for example by navigating to “App Settings > User Experience Program”.
We provide customer service such as Services consultation, technical support, and after-sales service through telephone, email, webpages, and other online systems. We may collect and, in accordance with this Policy, store your correspondences and messages, call records, and related contents, including account information such as country of residence, email address, order information, payment information, purchase channels, your product information, your phone numbers, call recordings, and any information you submit to us. This information will be used solely to contact you, help you resolve your issues, and provide the solution for other users with similar issues. If you contact us via Facebook messenger, we will collect your Facebook profile picture and nickname associated with your Facebook account. If you make inquiries, submit complaints, or provide suggestions for specific orders, we collect and use your account and order information.
You may publicly post information through the comments, forums, and other information posting functions on our Website. In addition, we may, from time to time, send you surveys or ask you to review a Service you have purchased and/or used. At your own will, if you decide to fill out the surveys or write reviews, we will collect and use your contact information, your comments, problems, or suggestions that you submit for the sole purpose of improving our Services.
Please note that the comments, reviews or other content you post on Reolink are publicly visible, including any Personal Data you include in your comments, reviews, or any other content you post. This means any information you posted may be accessed, collected, used or stored by a random third party. We therefore recommend that you be careful and avoid disclosing your Personal Data in the comments or reviews that you post.
(1) When you submit a review or comment to our Website, including product reviews, article reviews, event reviews, and other comments, you agree to allow us using your Reolink account nickname/alias, profile picture, IP address, email address, and the content of the reviews or comments you share. You may change/delete content of the reviews or comments you have submitted at any time by logging in to your account, or by contacting us directly through the email address at the end of this policy. Your reviews and comments may be used to improve our Services.
(2) When you decide to submit your email address and activate the website subscription function, you authorized us to collect your email address and country information associated with your account. This information will be used solely to send you marketing emails. You may unsubscribe and revoke your consent to receive such emails at any time by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every marketing email.
(3) When you apply to become an agent for Reolink, our agreement with you allows us to collect your email address, name, company name, company websites, region, company online store information, business model description, number of employees, company phone number, and other information necessary for the agent program. This information will be used solely for the agent program.
(4) When you submit a warranty registration, we will collect the order number, product model, country, your email address, product UID (optional), your name (optional) and other information necessary to administer the warranty. Failing to provide such information will not affect the basic warranty of your Service, but you will not qualify for an additional 6-month extended warranty.
(5) When you participate in #ReolinkTrial Program, we will collect your name, country, email address, and postal code, and use them only for the purpose of administering the trial program and any delivering prizes. If you do not agree to provide us with this information, you will be deemed to have waived the award.
(6) When you participate in #ReolinkCaptures Program, we will collect and use the information of your Reolink account nickname/alias, profile picture, the videos you share, and the equipment used to capture the videos. Please be advised that if you decide to participate the #ReolinkCaptures Program, you manifestly agree to publicize your videos, which may contain personal data or special categories of personal data such as human voice or facial images. We will take measures to de-identify the Personal Data contained in the videos such as pixelating the human faces, but random third parties may still collect, use or have access to your personal data contained in the videos. Videos that are not accepted by Reolink will be automatically deleted 15 days after the review. If you do not want to publicize your videos anymore, you may change/delete the content you have submitted at any time by logging in to your account, or by contacting us
(7) From time to time, we may hold marketing campaigns. In order to prevent malicious use of means to increase the prize-winning rate and other behaviors, we may require you to log in to your account. We may collect and store in an encrypted manner the number of times you have participated in the event and your IP address. If you win a prize, you will be required to provide shipping information including the recipient name, recipient address (including postal code), and telephone number so that we can deliver the prize to you. If you refuse to provide the requested information, you may not be able to participate in the events. In addition, we may announce the prize winners to the public, and if your Personal Data is involved, it will be displayed in a de-identified manner. Any information collected with the marketing campaign will be automatically deleted 30 days after the end of the event.
During your use of our Services, we will collect and record your IP address, system logs, network logs, and/or device logs, as well as information related to your usage such as the frequency of using software, devices and related services, crash data, error reporting or abnormal service data, system operation status of abnormal devices, overall installation and usage, and performance data. This information is collected and used for the purpose of securing your account and our network, and ensuring we remain in compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
Please note that non-personal data such as device information and log information alone cannot be used to personally identify a person. If we combine such non-personal data with other information to identify a specific person or use it in combination with personal data, such non-personal data may be treated as personal data during the period of combined use and we will de-identify such personal data unless we first disclose it to you and obtain your authorization, if required by law or regulation.
We use a third-party analytics tool, Google Analytics, to assist us with analyzing and improving our service. Google Analytics provides some additional privacy disclosures to protect data that it analyzes. Click here to learn more. We have read and accepted the terms and contractual provisions of Google Analytics.
We may assign third-party service providers to provide certain functions or modules, and we will share your Personal Data with such parties in accordance with the “Minimum Necessary” principle. We will make an agreement with them for the purpose and duration of the sharing, the manner of processing, the type of Personal Data, and protection measures.
We may share your Personal Data with third parties in order to perform the essential functions of our Services.
We will not transfer your Personal Data to any third party, except as follows:
(1) Transfer with your express consent: We will transfer your Personal Data to third parties after obtaining your express consent.
(2) In the event of a merger, acquisition or bankruptcy liquidation involving the transfer of Personal Data, we will require the receiver of your Personal Data to follow this Policy; or we will require receiver of your Personal Data to ask for your authorization and consent again.
We will only disclose your Personal Data to certain third parties in the following cases
(1) With your consent to the processing your Personal Data for particular purpose(s);
(2) In connection with the fulfillment of a legal obligation, such as in situations where it is mandatorily required by law and related procedures, litigation or government authorities;
(3) Directly related to national security or national defense security;
(4) Directly related to public safety, public health or significant public interest;
(5) Directly related to crime investigation, prosecution, trial, sentence enforcement, etc.;
(6) For the purpose of safeguarding your or any other individual’s life, property and other significant legitimate rights and vital interests while difficult to obtain your consent;
(7) Where the Personal Data involved is disclosed by you to the public at your discretion;
(8) Where it is necessary for the conclusion and performance of a contract or other written document between you and us;
(9) Where your Personal Data is collected from lawful public disclosures, such as lawful news reports, government information disclosure and other channels;
(10) Where the disclosure of your Personal Data is necessary for the purposes of pursuing legitimate interests, such as preventing fraud. For example, we may use third party service to verify whether the email provided for registration are valid or not.
(11) Other circumstances as stipulated by laws and regulations.
You have the right to access your Personal Data. If you find errors in your Personal Data, you have the right to ask us to make corrections.
You have the right to request us to delete your Personal Data in the following circumstances:
(1) If you believe that our processing of your Personal Data violates laws and regulations;
(2) If we collect and use your Personal Data without obtaining your consent;
(3) If our processing of Personal Data violates our agreement with you;
(4) If you no longer use our Services, or if you cancel your account;
(5) If we no longer provide Services to you.
If we decide to respond to your request to delete your Personal Data, we will also simultaneously notify the entities having obtained your Personal Data from us for prompt deletion, unless otherwise required by law or regulation, or unless such entities have obtained your separate authorization.
After assisting you to delete the relevant information, we may not be able to immediately remove the corresponding data from the backup system due to legal restrictions and limitations of technology. We will store your Personal Data safely and limit any further processing of this information until the backup can be erased or anonymized.
You may give or withdraw your consent at any time for collection and use of Personal Data. Withdrawing and not providing consent for the collection and use of certain personal data may affect our ability to provide certain Services, and in certain cases inhibit the intended functionality of the Services.
You can opt out of receiving our emails by clicking “Unsubscribe” at the bottom of any email you get from us. If you want to withdraw from participating in any events or programs you have joined, let us know by contacting us
After you withdraw your consent, we will no longer process the corresponding Personal Data. However, this will not affect the processing of Personal Data that has been previously done based on your prior authorization.
You can cancel your account at any time. Click the “Log in” in the upper right corner of the Website to access your account profile page, and then click “Security - Delete account”.
After you cancel your account, we will stop providing you with our Services, automatically delete your account information, and at your request, delete the content (including reviews, comments, videos, etc.) you shared via the deleted account, unless otherwise required by law or regulation.
You may open a new account at any time after canceling your account.
You have the right to obtain a copy of your Personal Data. If you want a copy, please contact us. and let us know.
In some business functions, we may make decisions based solely on non-manual automated decision-making mechanisms, including information systems, algorithms, and the like. If these decisions significantly affect your lawful rights, you have the right to request an explanation from us and we will provide appropriate remedies.
You have the right to object to or restrict our processing of all or part of your Personal Data. If you object to or restrict our processing of all or part of your Personal Data, certain Services may not be available or function as intended. To object, please contact us..
For security purposes, we may ask you to verify your identity before we process certain request. We will respond within  business days after we are able to verify your identity through these means.
We do not charge a fee to respond to your reasonable requests related to this Policy.
Please note that such rights are not absolute and may be limited in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. In some cases, your request may be rejected and in such cases we will notify you in writing of the reasons for the rejection. If you need assistance, please contact us.
You have options in relation to the Personal Data that we have about you described below. To exercise these options, please contact us.. If you're a European Economic Area (EEA) or European Union user, you have:
1). Right to Access – you have the right to request copies of the Personal Data we hold about you.
2). Right to Rectify – you have the right to request correction of any Personal Data you believe is inaccurate and the right to supplement or complete any Personal Data you believe is incomplete.
3). Right to Erase – you have the right to request that we erase your Personal Data, subject to certain conditions.
4). Right to Restrict Processing – you have the right to request that we restrict processing your personal information, subject to certain conditions.
5). Right to Object to Processing – you have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data, subject to certain conditions.
6). Right to Transfer Data – you have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization or to you, if technically possible and subject to certain conditions.
7). Right to Opt Out – you can ask us to stop using your information to send you marketing emails or push notifications through the Reolink App. If you opt out of receiving marketing messages from us, we may still send you newsletters and updates about your account or our Services.
We have used security measures that meet industry standards to protect your Personal Data against unauthorized or accidental access, public disclosure, use, modification, damage, or loss. We will take all reasonably practicable measures, including administrative management, technical support, and physical defense measures, to protect your Personal Data, and will retain your Personal Data only within the period stipulated by this Policy and applicable laws and regulations. You may contact us. for the specific retention periods of information.
We provide online services that use web encryption technology. When using the online services, we recommend that you use an up-to-date browser that supports SSL (an encrypted communication protocol), such as Firefox, Google Chrome or Apple Safari, to safeguard the confidentiality of your Personal Data.
Data storage is supported by AWS. Videos uploaded to Reolink Cloud are stored in highly secure AWS data centers along with disaster recovery data backups. These videos are protected by access keys and cannot be accessed by anyone without your permission.
To protect data transmitted between Reolink Cloud or Reolink applications and servers, we use the world’s most secure data communication protocol and algorithmic encryption currently available to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and authenticity of the information during transmission.
Please note that there is no 100% security protection in the Internet environment, and we will do our best to ensure the security of your information. In the event of an incident that results in unauthorized access, public disclosure, alteration, or destruction of your information, we will, as required by law or regulation, promptly inform you of the incident and its possible impact, any remediation or recovery efforts we have taken or will take, and provide suggestions for you to independently prevent and reduce risks related to any impacted information. We will promptly inform you of any such incident by email, mail, telephone, or via push notification, based on the information associated with your Reolink account. In instances that it is not feasible or impractical to provide personal notice, we will provide notification by publication, if allowed by law. Reolink will also notify all state, Federal, regional, and other regulatory and legal authorities, as required by law.
Your understanding and cooperation are important to us in protecting your Personal Data and privacy. You should not share your account information, passwords, or verification codes. Please carefully evaluate the physical and electronic environment when you keep, enter and use such information.
We will store your Personal Data for no longer than is necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations or to achieve the purposes for which your Personal Data was collected, or as may be permitted under applicable law. To determine the appropriate retention period, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the data; the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of the data; the purposes for which we process the data, and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means; and the applicable legal requirements. Unless otherwise required by applicable law, at the end of the retention period we will remove personal data from our systems and records or take appropriate steps to properly anonymize it.
We provide our products and/or services through resources and servers around the world (Check Where We Ship.). This means that with your authorization and consent, your Personal Data may be transferred to or accessed from jurisdictions outside your country/region.
Such jurisdictions may have different data protection laws. In such cases, we will ensure that your Personal Data is adequately and equally protected as required by local laws and regulations and this Policy.
When personal data is transferred from the European Economic Area (EEA) to countries not deemed by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of personal data protection, we take special safeguards to ensure that the protection travels with the data, including having Standard Contract Clauses approved by the European Commission in our contracts with parties that receive information outside the EEA.
The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your information in these countries may not be the same as in your home country. And we may not provide the same level of protection as in your country.
In some of our email messages, we use “click-through URLs” that are linked to content on our Website. We track this click-through data to help us measure the effectiveness of our customer communications.
Reolink Services are not intended for children under the age of 18. We do not permit registration by and will not knowingly collect Personal Data or personally identifiable information from anyone under 18. If this happens, we will delete the information as soon as possible.
We may change this Policy from time to time, so please revisit this page periodically. Your continued use of our Services after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood, and agreed to the current version of this Policy. We will not, however, reduce your rights under this Policy without your explicit consent.
In the event that our specific Services are discontinued, we will notify you in advance through system notifications, announcements, text messages, emails, etc., and process your Personal Data in accordance with this Policy or relevant documents. If we cease operations permanently, this Policy will become invalid and we will process all your Personal Data in accordance with applicable regulations.
If you have any questions or suggestions about this Policy or your Personal Data, or you have any doubts about our collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data, please reach by using the information on our “Contact Us” page, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com, or by submitting a support case via support.reolink.com. We will reply to you within  business days. If you are not satisfied with our response, or believe that our information processing has harmed your lawful rights, you may file a complaint to the data protection regulator at your jurisdiction.