I bought this camera to test if it really meets the expectations I had on it after reading about it and watching the promotion videos. And I'd say it actually does.
First I must say that it was shipped in just a couple of days from Spain to my home in Sweden. Nice.
– The package included the camera, a really handy magnetic base for quick replacement of the camera, one outdoor security mount, 4 batteries, a reset needle which I hope I will never need ;-), only one single surveillance sticker (should have been at least three or four in my opinion), a mount hole template (really handy!), screws and a stick for opening the battery case in a safe way so you won't break it.
– Thanks to the quick start guide, it was really easy to install the camera (after it became clear to me that the camera only operates with WiFi 2.4 GHz...)
– I set it up to e-mail all family members currently living here, and in the 8 weeks we have been using it it has never failed reporting movement outside on our backyard.
The app of course also warns whenever the camera has detected movement. Really nice.
– The quality of the video clips is quite good, even at night.
Now for the bad stuff – what product has no bad stuff? 😉
– The batteries needs to be replaced very soon, and that means that I would have to replace the batteries four times a year, which will be quite annoying actually. Especially since I have ordered a second Argus :-), so it will be some heavy battery consumption here...
– It is really hard to download the video clips of your choice, because the app has a really funny and difficult user interface when it comes to finding the video clips on a weird timeline. Not intuitive at all in my opinion, and actually hard to use even when you know how it works. This needs to be fixed.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.